Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Crowning with Thorns - Caravaggio

The front boundary of the picture is articulated by a wooden barrier, on which the captain is leaning, in order to observe the action but take no part in it. He watches the executioner's half-naked assistants abuse Christ at his behest. The powerful figure of the suffering victim, sitting almost naked on a bench, seems larger than he is. Christ's shoulderline continues the shallow diagonal which began with the white feather of the captain's hat, on the left.

4 comments:

Johnson Hack said...

Excellent Blog! I would like to thank for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. I wanted to thank you for this websites! Thanks for sharing. Great websites!albania mountains

lisa said...


I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to check out and do it! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thank you, very great article.visit albania

Johnson Hack said...

Loved this post! It's so important that everyone find THEIR happiness and no one else's. You seem to be doing awesome, if you ask me :).Viaggio Baja California

Johnson Hack said...

Blogger’s brilliant Efforts are really appreciable. Anyone can easily understand the thoughts of your blog The Boating Life in Pompano Beach, Florida. Also I like the conclusions made on this topic which is really very informative.albania tirana