Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Around the world in 48 hours

I followed this decoupage tutorial to give new life to an old wooden folding table that my husband bought his first year of graduate school, and had been loved with ink stains etc since. If I lived in a house and tended to keep things in between craft projects, the only thing I would have bought was the polyacrylic. I painted the table legs blue, and used my old Eurail map as the top (I skipped building a second top, as the piece was unfinished). It’s a great way to give new life to old treasures and a facelift to old furniture.




If I was doing it again, I would:


-trim out the corner squares. My hospital corners didn't look as neat after the polyacrylic.


-dip the whole map in the medium (as one would for wall paper). I ended up with a few wrinkles, despite my best efforts.

No comments: