Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Hospitality and Hostess Gifts


My friend Jamie has an especial knack for bringing the loveliest hostess gifts. While wine and flowers are always appreciated, she always selects something thoughtfully appropriate for the occasion. During neighborly social calls while I was bed-ridden due to hyperemesis, she made sure I was never short of reading material and would bring a fancy beverage, like sparkling lemonade. While visiting me at the hospital following the Lenten delivery of my youngest child, she brought me a platter of homemade gingerbread and strawberries. For a recent high tea celebrating a hobby horse's birthday, the first pomegranates of the season. Her gifts are not expensive, but show a spirit of creativity and consideration I only wish I could emulate.


No comments: